Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bittersweet

I have no idea why but I’ve always like bittersweet; the plant that has the bright red berries. I think this was the first flower-type of thing I ever gave my bride-to-be many, many years ago.

The picture here is also bittersweet. This is my eldest daughter’s hand. Embraced of course by that of her now fiance’s hand while showing off the shiny thing around the ring finger of her left hand.

I’ve got some time to come to grips with this – the idea of a daughter moving possibly far, far away. I’m happy for her – she deserves this and has waited patiently for it.

Daughter and fiancé are now planning the wedding, which should take place sometime
next year.

2 comments:

gillian said...

daddy, at the rate i'm going, i'll probably never get married- so you'll always have your Bean...

gillian said...

i always try and comment and it never posts. i'm beginning to think my comments aren't good enough, daddy!
but anyway-
i don't think i'll ever get married so you can be happy that you'll always have ME!