Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Diamond Dog Food

Just a note about a recent price increase. I’ve been a loyal customer of Diamond even thru the times when they had some issues and my feed store manager was recommending something else. I’ve been buying Diamond for at least 15 years or more.

Last week I went back to buy another bag and the price had gone up from $14.95 for a 40# bag to $19.95. of course I asked the feed store people and they simply said the supplier raised the price.

Two big questions: with most commodity prices down and fuel prices way down, why the increase? Secondly in this economy – recession/depression (you pick) – it seems extremely counter-productive to raise prices when people are losing homes and jobs and obviously pets and non-income producing animals are going to be expendable at some point or level when things grow even tighter.

I just don’t understand an increase – especially a 30% or so (my math may be fuzzy but) jump.

I buy about 4 bags each month and usually buy at the same location – Race Brothers in Springfield, MO as they are one of two places I can get it on my side of town.

If I knew of a good dog food with similar components at a reasonable price, I'd switch.

No comments: