Sunday, September 14, 2008

You don't see that everyday!

Nothing profound here but living in the country like we do provides the occasional odd sight. I took my two littlest ones to a park today in our county seat of Greenfield. I did an interview with a family from there last week and they mentioned they had a really nice park in town. So the kids wanted to check it out today - we did. Nice park - lots of green space, walking trail etc. and two tennis courts. And here's the odd siting:

Two boys and a man were playing tennis. The man, probably about 40 or so wore jeans, tennis shoes and a big cowboy hat. I've been playing tennis since I was 10 and much of that in Texas where cowboy hats are part of the uniform but I've never seen anyone play tennis in a cowboy hat. To top it off, he wasn't too bad. Had pretty decent serve and could cover the court well.

Only in our little part of rural America!