Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Over the Hill

Last Friday was one of those too rare occasions when my wife and I got out for an evening together. After a bite at her fave Steak and Shake, we headed to the movies. Our choices were limited somewhat by time unless we wanted to catch a really late movie. So we opted for the Bucket List. I'll not review that here; just that it is OK. You mostly get to see Jack Nicholson being Jack Nicholson. But it has its sweet moments. And I always like Morgan Freeman.

But my moment happened when I bought our tickets. My wife was in the car so I stood in line alone. I got to the window and said "Two for Bucket List please." and the nice young man on the other side of the probably unbreakable security glass asked: "Are either of you Senior Citizens?" Since it was just ME standing there, who else was he asking about?

I guess I have enough gray in my beard now to give away that I am no longer part of the younger generation. It is only fitting to reach the rank of "old fart" when I am going to see a movie that is basically about two old farts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't think you're an old fart.
=)