Thursday, February 7, 2008

Super Tuesday

Two observations:

When I arrived at my little dinky town’s community center to vote I was asked “Democrat or Republican?”

Two questions come to mind:

1 – This doesn’t make my secret ballot very secret does it? No offense to the four nice ladies who sat behind the table but if one of them wanted to spread the word that “hey, that guy voted Republican,” they could.

2 - I was not tempted nor do I care but what about the Libertarians? I was not asked if I wanted to vote for them.

This from the Waynesville Daily Guide on Tuesday:

“In Missouri, voters also have a third choice. While there’s no party registration in Missouri, voters must pick a Republican, Democratic or Libertarian Party ballot.”

Maybe they just forgot to ask me. Or maybe they remembered I voted Republican last time. (See item#1)

1 comment:

gillian said...

they asked me which ticket i wanted too.... but i had 3 options...