Monday, June 30, 2008

Up, up and away!

Last night I ended up having to work - a Sunday evening; far from one of my favorite times to do anything but crash. But a major City event was postponed from Saturday and the guy that was going to work it (shoot video) couldn't do it Sunday so I figured I'd voluntarily draw the short straw and do it myself rather than beg or plead with someone else to work a Sunday evening.

I asked my 15 yr old daughter Annie along to help and because she enjoys this kind of stuff anyway.

We'd been at Firefall maybe 30 minutes and were waiting for the Hot Air balloons to take off so I could get some shots of them. Against the blue sky and clouds, these colorful puffy things make great pictures.

A guy walked over to us and asked if we could help him crew - he was short-handed. I begged off since I had a 'real' job to do but said my daughter could help.

She followed them around and did a couple of little things and then after a few more minutes he came back and said they had an empty spot in the basket/gondola and could my daughter go up with them? Of course I said yes and maybe 15 minutes later my daughter and crew were airborne! I guess they flew - glided - whatever balloons do - for about 30-45 minutes before touching down. I guess they actually tipped over when they landed.

I hope she had more than just fun but a memory to last a long time of something not many people ever get to do. Sometimes working with 'dear-ole-dad' is not so bad after all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its ok if the appearance of your blog is not good. The important thing is the topic or the content of your blog.

gillian said...

i'm jealous! =)