Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good Shepherd

Just finished watching the Good Shepherd with my wife. Complex and interesting movie. As I guess a good movie that blends fact and faction should, I am interested in knowing more about the Bay of Pigs deal. But I also have some questions and observations about the movie.

Does anyone think Damon's character actually turned/flipped to become a double agent?

Overall I found it odd that Damon's character was so visible in DC and overseas. Everybody had to know he was with the CIA and of course he was not covert BUT anyone he met with or spoke with would be exposed.

I found it very interesting and if this was De Niro's first directing project, not bad. While I am the first to say that stories don't have to be linear, this one might have benefited from a little more exposition and some linearity to help those like me follow along.

No comments: