Tuesday, July 22, 2008

James and me

In my blog of April 24 I suggested one way for McCain to have a shot this November was to promise to run for only one term. Another way was in his Veep pick.

Today on Imus I caught a little of his interview with James Carville (the rajun cajun) who among other things suggested that McCain tell everyone (but not until about September) that he was only (wink-wink - I guess Carville meant that McCain should say this but not really mean it but) going to run for one term. He also said that McCain should and might surprise us with his pick for VP. Probably someone we don't expect and maybe haven't heard of.

For all his bluster I actually like Carville - maybe I just enjoy his Louisiana accent.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sadly, it's going to take more than one term (or set of changes) to fix the damage done by the current administration. And who's to say he would do as he promised once elected and serve only one term? He's a politician. They all make promises and never keep them.
Also I don't see picking a person we haven't heard of as being a great choice for VP. I believe the VP needs to have just as much experience as the POTUS.
I agree about Carville. I like him and his accent too. I was shocked to see him in a movie recently. He was in 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'. He was actually pretty good. I didn't know he was an actor too. He's been in two or three movies.