Saturday, October 4, 2008

Playing possum

Last week I was getting things in and out of a small shed in our back-back yard. I made several trips when I pulled a box off a shelf and tucked behind it was a possum who made a snarling sort of face at me.

I tried to encourage him/her out of the shed with no luck. After several pokes I began to notice a very strong smell. He/she had ... - well you know. As GW Bush would have said "dookie."

Needless to say the stubborn possum met his/her eventual demise but I guess he/she got me worse as the smell was still there today when I began to clean out the shed.

I mentioned this to someone and they said "what do you expect from an animal that eats dead things?

Now I know. And let's put it this way, what possums leave behind smells worse than anything I've ever smelled.

1 comment:

gillian said...

i didn't know possums ate dead things. i thought THEY were always the dead things.