Friday, April 10, 2009

Jose can you play?

In most books, Jose Feliciano will go down as a stereotype of the singer of a couple of well known songs - Feliz Navidad and his version of the Doors' Light My Fire. Some may remember him as a reasonably good guitarist but if you ever hear his version of Rimsky-Korsakov's Flight of the Bumblebee... For you non-classical people, it's a speed song. But I don't think the Russian wrote it for guitar. On XM today I heard it by Jose and while I don't particularly like the song played anyway, anyhow - you have to hear it to see how fast Mr. F. could play it. Hendrix was good and Eddie Van Halen was pretty quick and of course there are many others but I'd put this one up there in the pure speed category. If there is by some chance a video of it somewhere it would be amazing to watch.

No comments: