Friday, April 17, 2009

White House dot gov

An observation today. Heard that the White House has prettied-up their website so I checked it out.

All-in-all not bad I guess. But I found one interesting tidbit.

Either click on the Administration tab at the top or scroll down to see who’s who.

I know First Ladies and wives of Veeps (Second Lady?) are important people. They can play a useful role in the government. But unless I am mistaken, neither Michelle Obama's nor Dr. Jill Biden’s names were on any ballots I saw. Likewise I haven’t heard that they have been appointed or hired for any specific jobs but …

Both names are in the official list of the Administration. In fact both are listed above the Cabinet. I know enough about movie making and credits to know that placement and order of names is a big deal. So not only are they listed someplace that doesn’t make official sense to me but they are also listed above a lot of other people in the pecking order.

But I’m a little out of touch with what’s going on in DC right now; what with a family to feed and a mortgage to pay etc. so maybe I’ve missed something.

No comments: